Saturday

Houston we have "Liftoff"

Well I got the boat back today from my engine guy Parrot Pete in Hanson MA he got the 70hp Johnson off the boat and stored for resale. I will probably list it on Craigslist this week. BTW if you need any engine repair/winterizing in the South Shore of MA Pete is great and he is located in Hanson, MA his phone is 781-264-7933 tell him I sent you!

Once back at home I was able to pry out the vinyl insert and unscrew the aluminum rub rail from the boat. The top then separated very easily from the hull. Now I can work on removing the rest of the floor and replacing the stringers and rebuilding the transom.

The picture shows the special custom pieces (Before Polishing) from the rub rail and the transom mount.

4 comments:

Steve said...

double check that transom mount, may be a fix by someone; i've never seen this before (shouldnt need it with a good transom)

Alan Williamson Jr. said...

Think it would hurt to keep it? Looks aside it may prove worthy to have no?

Steve said...

non-original, adds weight, they don't work. You'll make the transom right.

Steve said...

BUT keep everything (templates and stuff).