Saturday

One step forward and two steps back

Well yesterday they dropped off the 1973 Evinrude 135hp Starflight I found in excellent shape in TX. When the shipping company unloaded it I noticed damage on the packing upon further examination it looks like they either dragged this thing upside down for a mile or it fell off the truck on the highway. The engine cowling has damage to the fiberglass in multiple spots the lower cavitation plate is broken and the prop is trashed. Most things can be fixed easy enough but I just get pissed off thinking about some clowns who really don't care about anyone's property sitting on their forklift and getting over paid to trash my property.

If there is any good news to this I will file a claim to get some of this fixed again but as I've said it just seems like one step forward and two back. I'll post some pics soon but at least the engine is here and the guts look pretty good so far but until you open it up and look who knows. On a funny note the hole in the engine on the rear of the cowling looks like the bullet hole from the movie so thats a bonus LOL.

No comments: